More about Naomi
MY EDUCATION, TRAINING and CAREER EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Health Coaching from Nutraphoria, school of holistic nutrition.
-Member and Certified Health and Nutrition Counsellor with the Health Coach Alliance (HCN).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology (active health and rehabilitation) from Simon Fraser University (Grad-2013).
-Member and Certified practicing Kinesiologist with BC association of Kinesiologists (BCAK).
-Additional training in Kinesio and sports taping, soft tissue release, joint mobilization techniques, myofascial release, therapeutic applications of ultrasound, and whiplash, pelvic girdle, shoulder, knee complex and low back disorders.
-Student practicum coordinator.
-Group fitness instructor.
- Faculty member of H.E.A.T. Academy (Human Empowerment and Transformation) in BC, Canada.
–H.E.A.T. certified health and wellness practitioner.
- Clinical Medical Assistant for Medical Bariatrics Canada in Burnaby, BC.
- Certification in Weight Training from BC recreation and parks association (BCRPA).
- Team Sports Trainer for men’s lacrosse in the West Coast Senior Lacrosse Association.
–CPR and First Aid certified, Sports Taping certified, Concussion management training.
My journey into fitness and sports began at an early age, always involved with a variety of sport teams throughout my school-age years. I played competitive soccer from my youth to the College level, where I ultimately earned a full-ride scholarship.
I suffered a serious knee injury after my scholarship term that landed me a reconstructive knee surgery at the age of 20. Dealing with this unfavourable and painful experience prompted me to explore the field of Kinesiology.
While pursuing my degree, I gained field experience working as a team sports trainer for various men’s lacrosse teams in the WCSLA league. There I found love and passion for assisting the players in this field through the application of various injury prevention techniques, sport conditioning, acute injury management, and rehabilitation techniques. This practical experience bolstered by academic studies throughout College and University until degree completion in 2013.
As my years of experience, awards and networking in the lacrosse community grey, I was honoured to participate and lead as the sports trainer for Team Sweden at the World Indoor Lacrosse Championship in 2019.
Pairing these years of experience with my work in a multidisciplinary rehabilitation and health clinic since graduation, I have applied knowledge and skills in the sport, fitness and rehab sectors across various populations. Although I have achieved some remarkable results and rehab success stories alongside many athletes and clients, I had come to realize that I was limited as a health provider with exercise alone.
Many clients I work with suffer from physical, financial, relationship and emotional losses, chronic pain, weight gain, low self-esteem, chronic stress, sleep disturbances, and other symptoms leading to health deterioration. While it was sometimes difficult to witness the pain and suffering that so many of these clients were going through at times, I became even more committed to helping them in ways that exercise alone couldn’t, and so I began to expand my knowledge in order to offer holistic forms of support.
With a new drive to provide comprehensive and holistic support to all of my clients and athletes alike, fueled by my own unresolved personal health struggles throughout my life, I embarked another academic journey to become a holistic nutrition and health coach. I completed my diploma in 2020, which was followed by the creation of my own business, ‘Naomi4wellness’.
Growing public health needs due to the prevalent spread of chronic disease in Western societies, and lack of preventative and holistic care in our public health care systems, also resonated with me. This drew me to the HEAT Academy, where I have been able to align my goals with the Academy’s mission of illness prevention and human empowerment.
My journey has taught me to recognize that our body, including our mind and spirit, is an integrated system, rather than a collection of independent organs and parts. I recognize that creating a healthy and happy mind, body and spirit requires that we restore these systems, not just address the symptoms. Our health journey is undoubtedly influenced by ALL of the inputs in our lives, from physical activity, to our food and our relationships, as well as our meaning and our purpose.
Family life with two children, while committing to a passionate career along with the maintenance of my own health and happiness, has been an ever-evolving pursuit of balance for me. Through my education and my experience, I have learned successful strategies to manage this ever-evolving stage of life.
When provided the right input, the human body has a fascinating ability to heal and thrive, and do what it is designed to do.
I believe that living your best life begins with self-respect, self-love and honoring your individuality. Whatever your health goals may be, we can work together in your journey to cultivate the person you’ve always wanted to become, your best self.
MY HEALTH COACHING PHILOSOPHIES AND APPROACH
- Individualized, client-centered approach: You are unique. And so is your body type, life force, purpose, talent and soul. Embrace your individuality and OWN it! YOU decide what your goals are and what works best for you. I am your partner to navigate and guide you to them.
- Wellness for the Whole Self – Body, Mind and Spirit. Our physical body, mind and spirit are all interconnected and perform best through harmonized balance.
- Enjoy what you do. By discovering new ways to enjoy the life you’re living and finding satisfaction in your daily routines will make achieving and maintaining your health goals easier and an integral part of everyday living.
- If you don’t take care of your body, where else are you going to live!?! How you prioritize your commitments determines your output and destiny. Placing a premium value on your mental, physical and spiritual health help unlock the motivation required to pursue and achieve a balanced lifestyle.
- Science-based dietary approach to integrate science-based interventions while honoring the mind-body-spirit connection to wellness
- A Body in Motion, Stays in Motion. Finding ways to incorporate fun year